What is the duration of the card?
Helsinki Card is valid for 24, 48 or 72 hours from the time of the first use. For example if you start to use 24h card on Monday at 12.00, it will be valid until Tuesday at 12.00. Please write the starting time (day, month, hour and minute) by hand on the back of your Helsinki Card when you start to use the card.
Can I shop the card online?
Yes, Helsinki Cards are available online here. When buying your 24 h, 48 h or 72 h adult’s card online you’ll save 3 euros of the normal price! Please note that the prices at online shop are already discounted prices.
How I’ll get the online purchased card?
Helsinki Cards bought online can be collected from the Tickets & Tours by Strömma Tourist Information (see location and opening hours on the right sidebar), Helsinki-Vantaa Airport Travel Service 24h (T2 Service Floor, ground floor) or Hotel Seurahuone Helsinki (Kaivokatu 12, next to Central Railway Station). Outside of the opening hours of the Tickets & Tours by Strömma service desk, Helsinki Cards bought online can be collected from the Tourist Information desk.
Which attractions do I get access to?
Helsinki Card entitles the card holder to several benefits, discounts and free entrances. All points of benefits are listed under the page “What’s included”. The top attractions of Helsinki are all included in the card.
Is there a limitations on public transport?
No. The Helsinki Card entitles card holder to unlimited free travel on public transport in Helsinki during the validity of the Card. Helsinki Card Region entitles the card holder to free travel in the whole metropolitan area: not only in Helsinki but also Espoo, Kauniainen and Vantaa.
Can I travel free from the airport to the city?
Yes, with the Helsinki Card Region which includes free public travel in the whole metropolitan area, including the Airport train. The airport is located outside of Helsinki, in Vantaa. With regular Helsinki Card, you’ll get discounted price on Finnair City Bus ticket.
What does the card cost?
See the current price list here. There are lower prices for children 7-16 years. Children under 7 years are free of charge with an adult on public transport and most sights.
What are the payment methods?
At the sales points, we accept cash (euros), Finnish debit cards and credit cards (VISA and MasterCard). Online payments can be done with VISA, MasterCard and by PayEx (multi merchant solution for direct bank payments). Supported banks in PayEx are Nordea, Handelsbanken, Aktia, Danske Bank and OP.
Where to buy a card?
The easiest way to purchase the card is to use our web shop and buy online. Helsinki Cards are also available at the airport, ferry terminals, Railway Station, hotel receptions, tourist information and at the Tickets & Tours by Strömma. See all sales points here.
How does the card work?
- Helsinki Card is valid for 24, 48 or 72 hours from the time of the first use. For example if you start to use 24h card on Monday at 12.00, it will be valid until Tuesday at 12.00.
- Show your Helsinki Card always to ticket attendant or at the box office when entering museums or sights to obtain your benefit. In restaurants, show your Helsinki Card when you order.
- The Helsinki Card is valid once per a free attraction / museum. Always check the opening hours!
- The other benefits can be used several times during time of validity.
- Helsinki Card is personal and is not transferable to another person.
- Please note! Helsinki Card will not be exchanged or refunded if lost or unused.
- Children under 7 years are free of charge with an adult on public transport and most sights.
- When travelling on public transport on buses, trams, the metro, commuter trains and Suomenlinna ferry within the boundaries of Helsinki, the Helsinki Card is your travel ticket during the validity of the card. The ticket is valid from time it is first used.
- When boarding a vehicle or entering the metro, show your Helsinki Card to the card reader until green light appears and the reader beeps. You only need to show the card to the reader without pressing any of the buttons.
- To check the expiry time of your ticket, hold the card still in the card reader’s reading area, in the middle of the key pad. The information will show up on the display after about 5 seconds.
- Penalty fare and a single ticket fare are charged from any one travelling without a valid ticket.
What is the Helsinki Card Region?
The Helsinki Card Region has all the same benefits as the Helsinki Card. On top of that the card entitles the holder to free travel in the whole metropolitan area: not only in Helsinki but also Espoo, Kauniainen and Vantaa. Public transportation system includes buses, trams, the metro, Suomenlinna ferry and commuter trains, including Airport train.
Where can I get a ticket for the sightseeing tour?
Helsinki Card (adult’s card) entitles card holder to free Panorama Sightseeing bus tour (year-round) and free Beautiful Canal Route cruise (May-Sep) during the time of the cards validity. Please note, Helsinki Card itself is not a ticket. A separate ticket is required. Please pick up the ticket from Tickes & Tours by Strömma sales point a the tourist information, Market Square departure point (May-Sep) or from Panorama Tour’s departure point (Esplanade Park, Fabianinkatu, year-round). These free tickets cannot be booked in advance on online shop.
Who to contact in case of the questions?
Strömma Finland Oy Ab
Tel. +358 9 2288 1600
In case of the further questions, contact us by sending a message on the right sidebar.